Social Media and Learning for Business and Training – Yum Studio eLearning
People now control how they consume media and what messages they care to hear through social media. But how do we get our business there, help our customers find us and post content that builds momentum with our business brand?
Yum offers a range of webinars and workshops to help you understand the social media maze. We explore: – An overview of social media tools and the pros and cons for marketing – How to choose the right tool(s) for your business – How to establish each tool and build a market presence – Strategies for posting and sharing content – How to integrate content from our chosen social network tools, existing marketing and our website – Tools for analysing the effectiveness of the social media tools we apply
The tools we can explore include: Yammer Overview Yammer is a social networking system for companies and their employees. Yammer is designed for company collaboration, file sharing, knowledge exchange and team efficiency. Yammer enables employees to collaborate easily, make smarter decisions faster, and become more productive. Yammers’ design has a familiar interface ensuring quick buy in by employees already familiar with social media platforms.
• How to set up a Yammer account and access using a PC, mobile device or tablet.
• How to enable your team to collaborate on work tasks, ask questions, share knowledge on Yammer.
• How to manage project communications
• How to monitor and manage your network.
Facebook Overview Facebook is a social network for connecting people with those around them – friends, family, coworkers, or simply others with similar interests. Facebook is a tool for connecting people with those around them. And, as with any social media tool, business has an opportunity to use Facebook to expand their online footprint and directly engage with customers and prospects. While Facebook started off as a community for US college students, it has expanded far beyond that, and encompasses all demographics among its 950+ million global users.
• How to set up a Facebook account
• Understand the different uses of Groups (closed) and Pages (open) for training and marketing
• How to get found by people who are searching for your products or services
• How to Connect and engage potential customers and support existing customers
• How to Create a community around your business by integrating with your marketing content
• Promote other content you create, including webinars, blog articles, or other resources
• How to measure and analyse your Facebook’s presence performance. Twitter Overview Twitter allows you to post short updates limited to 140 characters or less.
Twitter is a great way to expand your network. Twitter is a useful communication tool that allows you to interact with individuals and groups of people either privately or publically based on shared interests. You can also post to events or hashtags to reach others not in your network.
• How to set up a Twitter account.
• How to Develop and promote your brand • Knowing what to tweet about!
• Automating posts • Interacting with your customer base
• Track what people are saying about your company and brand
• Create buzz around upcoming events
• Promote other content you’ve created, including webinars, website and blog posts or podcasts
LinkedIn Overview LinkedIn is a social network with over 60 million users that enables you to make better use of your professional network and help the people you trust in return. LinkedIn is a great place to personally network professionally, post and find jobs, and answer questions and build thought leadership. It is a great way to identify influential individuals at specific organisations. Companies can also benefit from a presence on LinkedIn. A search for your target business or title on LinkedIn will identify people you may already be connected with, either directly or through your connections. LinkedIn is a great tool to leverage your existing contacts to connect with people and find potential customers online.
• How to set up a profile and get recommended by your colleagues
• Strategies for building your networks of contacts
• Connecting your Twitter and LinkedIn updates • Value adding without over pushing your profile – Deciding whether to establish an industry or company group
• Managing content and discussions on your group
Pinterest Overview Pinterest is a social network that allows users to visually share, curate, and discover new interests by posting, also known as ‘pinning,’ images or videos to their own or others’ pinboards (i.e. a collection of ‘pins,’ usually with a common theme). Users can either upload images from their computer or pin things they find on the web using the Pinterest bookmarklet, Pin It button, or just a URL . Any business that relies on driving a high-volume of website traffic to increase sales, should consider joining Pinterest.
Pinterest offers a range of activities you can initiate to market your company to a new audience. The goal here is to gain brand recognition, drive traffic to your website and be successful at converting the new visits into sales and enrolments.
• How to set up an account, post content and attract followers
• Generating visual content to take advantage of Pinterest for marketing (eBooks, whitepapers, learner/project photos
• Uncover effectiveness of Pinterest through web analytics
• How to find how your products or services fit into the lifestyles of your target audience for effective social media marketing
You tube / Flicker Overview YouTube is a powerful free tool for businesses to engage an audience with online video. Flickr is a social media site for sharing images and digital photographs online.
• How to create a free public YouTube channel for your business
• How to upload instructional videos, product overviews, or any other videos you want to include on your channel
• The benefits of sharing your videos through public links and “embedding”
• Tips for creating great content that will engage all types of users.
• How to Upload quality photos of your products/services, and things related to your business to Flickr
• Finding and join appropriate groups and share your photos in those groups.
• Linking prominently from your web site to your Flickr photostream.
Google+ Overview A recent entry into the social network scene, Google+ supports users to share stories with their Interest group Circles, get involved in discussions, post photos, and participate in video conference calls (called Hangouts) with up to 10 people. Google+ makes it easy to segregate who you follow into specific circles that reflect your interests – personal, business, industry thought leaders, hobbies or research etc.
• How to set up a Google+ page
• Creating posts (photos, videos, links, your businesses existing social media content)
• Helping users to share your posts • Helping users find you through Google+ and Google search • How to Analyse Traffic and Leads From Google+