VET in Schools
eLearning self paced resource development
The Flexible Learning framework engaged Yum Learning to develop a self-paced, scenario-driven eLearning resource to cover the skills required to undertake a community-based video project.
Yum Learning worked with Wimmera Hub’s Vet in Schools learners to shoot video interviews with local emergency services workers who had experienced floods and fires in the district. These videos become scenarios that highlighted the considerations in making a video – equipment, safety, lighting, dialogue, editing, sound and presentation.
The resource was targeted for delivery at young learners studying Certificate II and III in Interactive Media. Yum Learning developed the resource using Adobe Captivate.
Yum Learning also developed a strategic plan for the implementation of eLearning into Vocational Education and Training courses at Wimmera HUB.
The role included:
- Writing core content and activities
- Storyboarding eLearning resources
- Supporting students to video key sequences
- Voiceovers for each screen in the resource, sourcing and recording character voices
- Closed caption preparation
- Assembling the eLearning resource using Adobe Captivate
- Testing for usability
- Evaluating and updating the resource, based on trainer and learner feedback